I don't set resolutions. I set goals. When I created this website, I intended to post multiple times a week, improve my Beachbody business, and share my story. I started off with a bang, and just like most resolutions, my postings fizzled until nonexistent.
Today, I'm starting fresh with a goal to post when I have something I feel is worth sharing. This is a much more realistic and managable goal for me. I think this is important. Too often, we set ourselves up for failure by starting the new year by making resolutions that are simply impossible to keep. Doesn't setting impossible resolutions just set us up for failure? Who reasonably sets out to fail?
So I've considered the past year and in doing so, established a few goals for 2016.
1. Post to my website when I have something meaningful to share.
2. Run 1000 miles in 1 year. Check it out: https://ilovetorun.org/challenges.php
3. Run a marathon. This is a BIG goal. I'm 99.9% certain that I want to run 26.2 miles in 2016. I would like to run the Marine Corp. Marathon in Washington D.C in the fall. This is a lottery race which means there is a good possibility I won't get into the race. If this is the case, all my training won't be for nothing I've already committed to run for DetermiNation again this year as a DNation Double Athlete. This means I'll run in the Broad Street Run in May and the Philly 1/2 or Full Marathon in November. The Marine Corp Marathon Entry will determine if I run the 1/2 or Full in Philly.
4. Focus on improved nutrition. In 2015, I made the decision to no longer drink soda. I've kept to this goal and will continue to do so in 2016. I'm pretty solid with my nutrition, but I think it's important to sustain focus on goals and extend beyond them.
5. Be a strong example for my family and friends. I want to show people what it means to be dedicated to one's goals... even when life gets hard.
I can't say when I'll post again. I have some stories to share from the last few months of 2015. Who knows... I might be writing here more than I think!